How to hire a maid?
- Employer who is first time employing a maid needs to go for Employers' Orientation Programme. The Employers' Orientation Programme (EOP) is a three-hour programme that provides employers with information on employing a maid.
- Please click here to register and attend EOP online. (Course fee: $30.00)
- Once Employer obtains their EOP Certificate, they can approach their Maid Agency to proceed with the application.
- For other information such as maid salary etc, please read our Maid FAQ section.
MOM gives free advice to Employer who needs help. Please call: (+65) 6438 5122. (Option 1 -> 2 -> 1 -> 0).
Ministry of Manpower 2008 New Rulings
From 14 July 2008, employment agencies will be prohibited from offering, directly or indirectly, any form of payment (whether monetary or in kind) to employers, in exchange for the employers hiring foreign workers through them.
An employer is not allowed to recover employment-related expenses, (whether monetary or in kind), which are payable by the employer. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
- fees associated with application, issuance, renewal, or reinstatement of the Work Permit or S Pass;
- costs associated with furnishing a security deposit required by MOM;
- costs associated with medical insurance required by MOM;
- costs associated with medical examination required by MOM;
- foreign worker levy payments required by MOM;
- costs associated with training a foreign employee, where the training is provided by employer or required by MOM; or
- repatriation costs.